The Office of the Secretary will be responsible for the day to day administration of the Teaching Service Commission in order to ensure efficient and effective service delivery.
The Office of the Secretary shall perform the following specific functions:
- Formulate and monitor the implementation of human management and development policies and guidelines in the Teaching Service Commission in order to provide an operational framework;
- Formulate Terms and Conditions of Service for the teachers in order to promote industrial harmony and productivity;
- Implement capacity building programmes for Responsible Officers on the performance of delegated functions in order to enhance adherence to set standards and polices;
- Authorise Responsible Officers to recruit teachers at and above the level of Lecturers in Teacher Education Colleges and their equivalent.
- Ensure standardization and adherence to approved job descriptions and specifications during recruitment; and
- Provide Secretarial services to the Service Commission in order to ensure smooth conduct of the Commission business.
The Office of the Secretary is headed by the Commission Secretary who is assisted by two Deputy Secretaries.